Juror Information - Alachua County
- All requests for excusal or postponement must be submitted in writing for the Court's review ten working days prior to your service date. The Court will notify you of its decision by mail. We ask that you submit your request for consideration as soon as possible. Requests can be mailed, faxed to (352) 264-7088 or submitted over the web. Most requests are reviewed within the week. If you have not received a postcard notifying you as to the status of your request, please call the Jury Information Line at (352) 337-6238.
- The Court may cancel your jury service prior to the time you were ordered to report. If you have been summonsed to the Criminal Justice Center, please call (352) 264-7099 after 5:00 PM on the Friday before your report date for a recorded message containing information about your jury service and whether or not we are calling off any jurors. If you have been summonsed to the Family and Civil Justice Center, please call (352) 374-3620. Please note that this is a pre-recorded message, you will not be able to speak with someone. This information is also available on the Alachua Clerk of Court's website.
- Jurors summonsed to report to either courthouse can park in the Southwest Downtown Parking Garage as indicated in your summons. The Clerk of Court will validate your parking ticket at the time of service. Please note that the Clerk will only validate parking stubs for the Southwest Downtown Parking Garage located across SW 2nd Avenue on the northwest side of the Criminal Justice Center.
- When reporting for jury duty, you will have to go through the security checkpoint as you enter either courthouse. The checkpoint consists of an x-ray machine and a walk through metal detector. Please note that all items brought to the courthouses are subject to search. All hand carried items (purses, backpacks, etc.), electronic items (cell phones, pagers, laptops, etc.), lighters, wallets, and belts will have to go through the x-ray machine. Due to knives and even firearms concealed in belt buckles and belts, all persons entering the courthouses will be required to remove their belts for inspection. We regret any inconvenience caused by this additional level of security inspection, however, the safety of all persons who work in and visit our courthouses is our primary concern. Weapons are not permitted - this includes pocket knives, scissors, box cutters, etc. The fewer items you bring, the quicker the process will be. You can also assist Court Security in speeding up the process by having the above listed items ready to be placed in a tray as you reach the checkpoint.
- If you have any questions about your service, please call the Jury Information Line at (352) 337-6238, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.