Judge Craig C. DeThomasis
The Code of Judicial Conduct governing behavior by judges forbids the judges of the Eighth Judicial Circuit to discuss pending cases with the public. Please do not call the Court expecting to speak with a Judge about any case. If you have a comment to make, please mail it to the Clerk’s Office in the appropriate county. Please keep in mind that the Court is only allowed to consider arguments made in court and documents filed by actual parties to the case. They cannot ethically read or consider any other opinions or arguments about the case, and they cannot give legal advice. Thank you.
Alachua: Family Division DR2
Alachua: Family Division DV (Domestic Violence)
Alachua: Division RP (Risk Protection)
Alachua: Mental Health Division S
- Proposed Orders for the Alachua County Civil and Family divisions are not accepted via e-filing by the Alachua Clerk of Court. Motions should continue to be e-filed with the Clerk’s Office.
- Proposed orders should be submitted to the Court (in Microsoft Word format) by e-mail to: email@example.com. A courtesy copy of the motion, and a cover letter (if any), should accompany the proposed order.
- All orders shall have a 2″ x 3.5″ blank space on the first page of the order in the upper right-hand corner. An example of an order with this space requirement can be found here.
- All orders shall include a certificate of service at the bottom of the order. Please indicate the name of the party who is to receive the order, as well as that party’s e-mail/e-service address OR mailing address, if a hard copy is required.
- If there are any parties to the case requiring service by US mail, attorneys shall submit pre-addressed, postage paid envelopes to the office of Judge DeThomasis along with copies of the order for conforming. Please make a note of the case number on the envelope.
- Please note that emergency hearings will be set by the Court without being coordinated with counsel and/or parties.
201 E. University Avenue, Room 305
Gainesville, FL 32601
Juris Doctor: University of Florida College of Law, 1983
Bachelor of Science: University of Florida, 1980