Judge Meshon T. Rawls
The Code of Judicial Conduct governing behavior by judges forbids the judges of the Eighth Judicial Circuit to discuss pending cases with the public. Please do not call the Court expecting to speak with a Judge about any case. If you have a comment to make, please mail it to the Clerk’s Office in the appropriate county. Please keep in mind that the Court is only allowed to consider arguments made in court and documents filed by actual parties to the case. They cannot ethically read or consider any other opinions or arguments about the case, and they cannot give legal advice. Thank you.
- Current Assignment
- Judicial Assistant
- Division Procedures
- Attorneys: Proposed Orders and Final Judgments
Alachua County Court Judge, 2019 – Present
Alachua: County Civil Division IV
Alachua: Civil Traffic
Alachua County Criminal: Coverage Weeks 2 & 4 (Monday and Tuesday ONLY)
Alachua County Family and Civil Justice Center
201 E. University Avenue, Room 202
Gainesville, FL 32601
Phone: (352) 374-3653
ATTORNEYS: PROPOSED ORDERS AND FINAL JUDGMENTS
- Proposed orders and final judgments shall be submitted via the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal (www. https://www.myflcourtaccess.com/). Do not send proposed orders or final judgments by United States Mail or email. All proposed orders or final judgments sent directly to the Court by attorneys will be refused without processing. Proposed Final Judgments shall be submitted to the Court 2 days prior to the hearing. Please see the instructions below for formatting.
- The motion and supporting documentation for the motion shall be filed in the court file using the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal. Please do not provide the Court with supporting documentation or case law unless the submission exceeds 50 pages. If the submission exceeds 50 pages, then mail or hand-deliver a copy of the submission to the Court. The Court will review the case filing system and review any supporting documentation electronically.
- If there are parties who have not consented to use of e-mail service, stamped envelopes should be mailed or hand delivered to the Judicial Assistant, Ashlee Corales. Please clip the envelopes together, along with a sticky note that indicates the case name and case number. PLEASE DO NOT ADDRESS THE ENVELOPES; LEAVE THE ENVELOPES BLANK BUT BE SURE TO ADD THE PROPER POSTAGE.
- Orders will not be entered until the motion has been docketed and imaged by the Clerk. Docketing and imaging by the Clerk may take more than 48 hours from electronic filing.
Format for Proposed Orders and Final Judgments:
- All proposed orders or final judgments shall include the following coding after the body of the proposed order or final judgment. This coding allows our computer system to input the proper dates and signatures for processing.
DONE AND ORDERED in Chambers at Gainesville, Alachua County, Florida on DDDD.
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
I HEREBY CERTIFY that copies have been furnished by U.S. Mail or via filing with the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal on MMMM.
- Should an additional party or address be required for service of the order that is not contained in the court file, please type the name of the party who is to receive the order, as well as that party’s e-mail/e-service address OR mailing address at the end of the AAAA block in the Certificate of Service.
Juris Doctor: University of Florida College of Law
Bachelor of Arts: University of Florida
Hearing requests are not accepted by telephone. Please email all hearing requests to email@example.com using the form below.
Please confirm that your motion has been filed, served on all parties, and docketed prior to requesting hearing time. No hearing time will be given for motions that are not filed and docketed. If you have questions about whether your motion is filed and docketed, please contact the Alachua County Clerk of Court.
If all parties may not receive notice of a hearing in sufficient time for the timeframe requested below, the Court may extend the timeframe for a matter to be heard. The Court will attempt to accommodate all requested timeframes but can make no assurance of availability on the Court’s calendar.
Please complete the form below, then click “Open E-Mail Client” or “Copy to Clipboard” and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.