- PROPOSED ORDERS for the Alachua County Civil and Family divisions will no longer be accepted via e-filing by the Alachua Clerk of Court. Motions should continue to be e-filed with the Clerk’s Office.
- Proposed orders should be submitted to the Court (in Microsoft Word format) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A courtesy copy of the motion, and a cover letter (if any), should accompany the proposed order.
- All orders shall have a 2″ x 3.5″ blank space on the first page of the order in the upper right-hand corner. An example of an order with this space requirement can be found here.
- All orders shall include a certificate of service at the bottom of the order. Please indicate the name of the party who is to receive the order, as well as that party’s e-mail/e-service address OR mailing address, if a hard copy is required.
- If there are any parties to the case requiring service by US mail, attorneys shall submit pre-addressed, postage paid envelopes to Judge Groeb’s office along with copies of the order for conforming. Please make a note of the case number on the envelope.
- Please note that emergency hearings will be set by the Court without being coordinated with counsel and/or parties.
- Please note that status conferences will be set by the Court without being coordinated with counsel and/or parties.
Judge Robert K. Groeb
The Code of Judicial Conduct governing behavior by judges forbids the judges of the Eighth Judicial Circuit to discuss pending cases with the public. Please do not call the Court expecting to speak with a Judge about any case. If you have a comment to make, please mail it to the Clerk’s Office in the appropriate county. Please keep in mind that the Court is only allowed to consider arguments made in court and documents filed by actual parties to the case. They cannot ethically read or consider any other opinions or arguments about the case, and they cannot give legal advice. Thank you.
- Current Assignment
- Previous Assignments
- Divisional Instructions
- Judicial Assistant
- Statewide Committees
Circuit Judge, January 2012 – Present
Alachua: Family Division DR1
Alachua: Pro Se Cases Assigned to All DR Divisions
Alachua: All Simplified Dissolutions
Alachua: Family Division N
Alachua: Hague Convention Cases
Alachua: TPR Back-up Coverage
Gilchrist: Mental Health
Gilchrist: Domestic Violence
Gilchrist: Juvenile Delinquency
Gilchrist: Juvenile Dependency
Gilchrist: Circuit Civil
Gilchrist: Mortgage Foreclosure
Gilchrist: Extraordinary Writs
Union: Mental Health
Union: Domestic Violence
Union: Juvenile Dependency
Union: Mental Health
Union: Circuit Civil
Union: Mortgage Foreclosure
Union: Extraordinary Writs
Administrative Judge – Family Division, January 2019 – December 2023
County Court Judge, June, 2010 – December, 2011
Alachua: Family Division DR3
Alachua: Family Division N (DOR Cases)
Alachua: Juvenile Delinquency
Alachua County Family and Civil Justice Center
201 East University Avenue, Room 301
Gainesville, FL 32601
(352) 548-3776 (phone)
Gilchrist County Courthouse
112 South Main Street
Trenton, Florida 32693
(352) 463-3421 (phone)
Executive Committee – Florida Conference of Circuit Court Judges
Chair – Family Law Section – Florida Conference of Circuit Court Judges
Juris Doctor: Stetson University College of Law, 1984
Bachelor of Arts: Michigan State University, 1981