For private attorneys who wish to serve as court appointed counsel pursuant to Florida Statutes 27.40
2022-2023 Registry Application Information
Application Instructions for New Registry Members:
The deadline for 2022-2023 Registry Applications has passed.
Attorneys are added to the Registry on July 1 of each year.
- Attorneys seeking court appointed cases in the Eighth Judicial Circuit shall submit a completed application for consideration.
- Once the selection process is completed, you will be notified whether you were selected and, if selected, for what case types.
- Once selected, you must sign a contract with the Justice Administrative Commission (JAC) within 30 days of approval. JAC is the entity which pays the court appointed attorney’s fees and costs. JAC contracts are available at www.justiceadmin.org/court_app_counsel/index.aspx.
- After Court Administration receives confirmation from you that the JAC contract has been signed, we will notify the Clerk’s office.
- Pursuant to Florida Statute 27.04(b) the Court shall appoint attorneys in rotating order in the order in which names appear on the applicable registry, unless the Court makes a finding of good cause on the record for appointing an attorney out of order.
- The Clerk of Court in each county maintains the court registry lists.
- An attorney’s failure to accept appointments may result in the attorney being removed from the registry.
Circuit-wide Orders of Appointment & Withdrawal
Related Administrative Orders
For additional information, please contact Christy Cain at (352) 264-7080 or firstname.lastname@example.org