For private attorneys who wish to serve as court appointed counsel pursuant to Florida Statutes 27.40
2023-2024 Registry Application Information
Application Instructions for New Registry Members:
- Your completed Application package must be received by the following DEADLINE: 9:00 a.m. EST on Friday, May 5, 2023. Please e-mail your completed Application package to Christy Cain. email@example.com by 9 a.m. on May 5, 2023.
Application Instructions for Current Registry Members:
- Your completed Application package must be received by the following DEADLINE: 9:00 a.m. EST on Friday, May 5, 2023. Please e-mail your completed Application package to Christy Cain, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 9 a.m. on May 5, 2023.
NOTE TO CURRENT REGISTRY MEMBERS: If you seek appointment for any additional category not previously approved, you must fill out the portions of the full application (Registry Application located above) that apply to the new category. You also will need to provide confirmation by June 30, 2023, that you have obtained a contract for the new fiscal year from the Justice Administrative Commission (JAC). Your inclusion on the Registry from the prior fiscal year will not be automatically renewed.
Renewal Registry Application
Attorneys are added to the Registry on July 1 of each year.
- Attorneys seeking court appointed cases in the Eighth Judicial Circuit shall submit a completed application for consideration.
- Once the selection process is completed, you will be notified whether you were selected and, if selected, for what case types.
- Once selected, you must sign a contract with the Justice Administrative Commission (JAC) within 30 days of approval. JAC is the entity which pays the court appointed attorney’s fees and costs. JAC contracts are available at www.justiceadmin.org/court_app_counsel/index.aspx.
- After Court Administration receives confirmation from you that the JAC contract has been signed, we will notify the Clerk’s office.
- Pursuant to Florida Statute 27.04(b) the Court shall appoint attorneys in rotating order in the order in which names appear on the applicable registry, unless the Court makes a finding of good cause on the record for appointing an attorney out of order.
- The Clerk of Court in each county maintains the court registry lists.
- An attorney’s failure to accept appointments may result in the attorney being removed from the registry.
- 2022/2023 Conflict Attorney Information List
Circuit-wide Orders of Appointment & Withdrawal
Related Administrative Orders
For additional information, please contact Christy Cain at (352) 264-7080 or email@example.com